An international contest for the urban design and planning of the Moscow River.
The aim of the contest:
The achieving a general concept of development in a coherent system of interrelated areas adjacent to the Moscow river, turning the river of “barrier” in the “link” in the city structure.
As a result of the transformation of urban planning should be the raising the quality of the urban environment, urban efficiency potential of the territories adjacent to the river.
By solving the following tasks:
- Reorganization of the embankments of the priority of formation of public spaces
- Ensuring permeability and improving links between adjacent areas and river
- Improving the quality and comfort of the urban environment, improving the appearance of the territories in order to improve the overall image of the city and making it more attractive for residents and tourists
- Improving the environment through the rehabilitation of the river and its valley complex
- Improvement of investment prospects for the relevant areas through the enhancement of market value of existing and planned real estate assets